In conjunction with Bank Negara Malaysia to commemorate its 50th Anniversary on 26th January 2009, the bank has launched a nationwide design competition on 50th Anniversary Commemorative Coin from 10th March 2008 to 9 April 2008.
The objective of this competition is to seek a design which best reflects Bank Negara Malaysia's role in nation building.
The winning design entry will be used to mint and produce the 50th Anniversary Commemorative Coin.
The winning entry will receive a RM20,000 cash prize and consolation prizes of RM1,000 will be awarded to each of the ten (10) shortlisted entries.
The competition is open to all Malaysian citizens aged 18 and above.
For those who are interested in this competition, the entry forms can be downloaded from BNM's wedsite and/or obtained at Bank Negara Malaysia's headquarters and its branches in Penang, Kuala Terengganu, Johor Bahru, Kuching and Kota Kinabalu.
Following are the Commemorative Coin Design guidelines and requirements:-
- Each design must depict the following:
-Theme : Role of Bank Negara Malaysia in Nation Building
-Bank Negara Malaysia's logo in the centre of the coin
-The words "Ulang Tahun Ke-50 Bank Negara Malaysia" and the years "1959" and "2009" on the circumference
-Value of coin "RM100"
- Participants are required to provide a clear rationale and description for their design in type-written form.
- The design must appear dignified and distinctive. Not more than three colours may be used in the design.
- The design must be sufficiently easy to engrave.
- The size of the design to be submitted must be between 140mm and 160mm in diameter.
- Submission of designs can be in the form of computer-designs or drawn free-hand using colour pencil, acrylic, oil, water-colour or ink.
- The design submitted must be of the complete set (Obverse and Reverse) and not single side.
- Entries must be submitted only in printed form or hardcopy with measurement not exceeding A4 paper size. The print-out or hard copy designs must be mounted on a mounting board.
Organised by BANK NEGARA MALASIA
The Bank Negara Malaysia has released the result of this competition. For more information, please read the comment.